INGREDIENTS FOR MATCHA PROTEIN CAKE:
This matcha green tea protein cake is a healthy dessert recipe with protein powder to replace the sugar and Greek yogurt to add extra protein and moisture – a low fat recipe too with barely any butter.
HOW TO MAKE GREEN TEA PROTEIN CAKE
This protein powder matcha cake not only has simple ingredients, but is also really easy to make.
Here’s what you have to do:
Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a round 8” cake pan with parchment paper
Combine the dry ingredients in bowl: whole wheat pastry flour, whey and whey-caesin vanilla protein powder, matcha powder, baking powder and baking soda.
Whisk the wet ingredients in a large bowl: Greek Yogurt, almond milk, egg and butter.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mix and fold together. DO NOT OVER-MIX the batter or the cake will be too dense at the bottom.
Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
Bake for 22 minutes. A tester inserted into the center should come out dry – no crumbs or batter.
For an 8 x 8” baking pan, bake for about 25 minutes.
For a 9 x 13” pan, double the recipe and bake for about 25-30 minutes again, but start checking early.
A healthy but still so good Matcha Protein Cake with earthy green tea flavor, subtle sweetness and soft sponge cake texture. This healthy matcha cake recipe is sweetened with protein powder, has no sugar and very little butter – the perfect healthy matcha dessert!
1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour, 120g, see post for subs
½ cup Vanilla Protein Powder, 45g, about 1½ scoop
1 Tbsp Baraguz SlimT Matcha Green Tea Powder
½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ cup Non-fat Greek Yogurt, room temperature, 112g
½ cup + 2 Tbsp Almond Milk, room temperature, 150ml
2 Tbsp Melted Butter, 28g
1 Egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ cup of apple sauce
Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8” round cake pan with parchment paper; Spray sides with cooking spray.
In a bowl, combine whole wheat pastry flour, vanilla protein powders, matcha green tea powder, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- Do not over mix the batter or it will be tough because of the protein powder and gluten from whole wheat flour.
- Nutritional information is calculated using products recommended below.
- See post for alternate ingredients, tips and storage options.
- Servings: 8 slices | Serving size: 1 slice with frosting
- Calories: 140kcal
- Fat: 5.1g | Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrates: 16.7g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 0.8g
- Protein: 7.9g